Wrapped in the Charm of a Vermont Village
Venue: Stowe, VT
COST: $1,059 per person, based on double occupance, and includes motorcoach transportation, hostess service, 4 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 3 dinners, Welcome Reception on arrival, S'Mores by the Firepit, free time at Saratoga Springs, visit to Icelandic Horse Farm, time to shop in historic Waitsfield, holiday cookie decoration session, holiday chorale concert, free time in Stowe, history tour at the Trapp Family Lodge, visit to the Vermont Annex, tour and taste at Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Factory, fireside holiday story-telling, classic holiday movie with popcorn, "Santa" tour guide, round trip luggage handling, all taxes, meal gratuities, and local guide gratuities.
This holiday outing plants your boots right in the set of your favorite "Christmas greeting card" television movie. The tiny town of Waitsfield, Vermont oozes with idyllic holiday traditions from the twinkling lights on the village green, to skaters whizzing around the town ice rink, to luminaries that line the streets, to carolers in the church. There's a covered bridge depressed in lights, big red barns adorned with fresh green wreaths and the smells of peppermint and chocolate fill the air with sweetness.
Put on your warm wollen mittens, let the snowflakes stay on your nose and eyelashes, wrap up your gifts in brown paper packages tied up with string and come along to celebrate some of your favorite things!
- Depart from Terminal
- FULL BREAKFAST is included at CRACKER BARREL in Binghamton.
- Lunch break and free time in SARATOGA SPRINGS
- Arrive in Warren, VT and check in to the SUGARBUSH INN, your home for the next three nights. This traditional Vermont Country Inn is situated near the base of Sugarbush Resort, one of the largest ski resorts in New England. The inn itself has housed Olympic skiers and the crew of the renowned Warren Miller Films. The minute you arrive, you'll be embraced with warmth, charm and hospitality. The wood floors creek, the fires crackle and the wood paneled library speaks volumes of lore. As you walk through the doors, you'll be greeted by CAROLERS, certain to put you in the holiday spirit. After you "jingle all the way" to your rooms to settle in and refresh, gather round the fireplace for a WINE AND CHEESE WELCOME RECEPTION, followed by DINNER at the Inn.
- After dinner, put on your boots, hat and gloves and walk out onto the terrace to the FIREPIT. It's time for HOLIDAY S'MORES! You'll be amazed by the brightness of night as the moon reflects off the snow-covered ski trails.
Saturday, December 5
- BREAKFAST BUFFET is included at the Inn.
- Today's outing offers a warm immersion into a "small town Christmas" steeped in tradition and packaged with holiday surprises.
- Depart the Inn to board the motorcoach and travel past marshmallow-coated fields and along the Mad River, whose banks sparkle with ice crystals certain to have been placed by Jack Frost himself.
- Our first stop will be at the VERMONT ICELANDIC HORSE FARM. Considered the world's purest breeds, Icelandic Horses were brought by Viking ships to serve as the sole source of transportation over Iceland's rough terrain. During the visit, you will meet the horses and owners and learn about this amazing and beautiful breed!
- Visit WAITSFIELD VILLAGE... Locally-owned shops are filled to the brim with unique gifts and Vermont hand-made crafts. Stop at the church and browse through their Christmas Market. As you stroll along the streets, you'll be warmly greeted by friendly "town-talk" all out and about to share the holiday spirit. Stop in one of the local eateries and have lunch on your own during the visit.
- Walk off your lunch with a spin or town around the OUTDOOR ICE SKATING RINK. There's a chance to give back when you purchase a raffle ticket to benefit the local food shelf or buy a locally-grown Christmas tree to donate to a family in need.
- Unique to Waitsfield is the CHRISTMAS COCKTAIL SAMPLER. Local merchants hand out tickets to redeem free cocktail samples served at the "POP UP BAR" at the Visitor's Center. If you haven't been in the holiday spirir before, you will be now!
- Mid-afternoon, we will depart for the Inn to freshen up.
- Join the CHEF for a CHRISTMAS COOKIE DECORATING SESSION. Learn new techniques and show off your age-old traditions! Enjoy these sweet creations for you after Sunday's dinner.
- Enjoy DINNER at LAREAU FARM. Meet the owner for an intimate story, telling of how America Flatbread was started, and other fun anecdotes of running a business in a small New England town.
- Return to the Village where you will witness the newly-lit luminaries that frame the streets with a magical holiday glow. This is truly a PICTURE-PERFECT VERMONT COUNTRY CHRISTMAS.
- Walk down the decorated streets to the HOLIDAY CHORALE CONCERT at the Waitsfield United Church.
- Travel back to the Inn for a good night's rest!
Sunday, December 6
- BREAKFAST with SANTA! Santa himself will join you and GUIDE your sleigh today, as you travel to the charming town of Stowe, known as the "Ski Capital of the East." Along the way, Santa will point out significant landmarks and share tales of local yore and Vermont holiday traditions.
- Upon arrival in Stowe Village, you will notice this village has kept their turn-of-the-century look while providing necessities of life for residents since 1840. Stroll the streets line with shops and galleries, stop and watch a local chocolatier make chocolate truffles or candy canes and visit the VERMONT CRAFT STORES.
- Visit the TRAPP FAMILY LODGE for an included AUSTRIAN-STYLE BUFFET LUNCH, a GUIDED HISTORY TOUR, and viewing of the film, "THE REAL MARIA."
- VERMONT ANNEX is where you will find a world of Vermont specialties... Danforth Pewter, Lake Champlain Chocolates, Vermont Trailwear, Smugglers' Notch Distillery, Cabot Cheese and more.
- TOUR AND TASTING at BEN & JERRY'S ICE CREAM FACTORY. It's never too cold for Ice Cream in Vermont!
- Return to the Inn and warm-up at the Fireplace, sip a beverage and listen to SANTA as he shares the story of "FAVOR JOHNSON." This tale unfolds in a Vermont Village where fruitcakes mysteriously appear and a hound named Hercules meets a flatlander doctor. The true meaning of Christmas shines through on what will become a traditional story to share with family and friends.
- DINNER AND A MOVIE... "White Christmas," "It's a Wonderful Life." And, let's not forget the POPCORN!
Monday, December 7
- BREAKFAST at the Inn before departure.
- Visit MORSE FARM MAPLE SUGARWORKS. Here you will meet the master sugar maker, Burr Morse, and learn about what has become one of the state's most cherished commodities...pure Vermont maple syrup.
- SUGAR-ON-SNOW PARTY
- Depart Morse Farm and begin traveling home
- Dinner stop made en route
- Return to Terminal with farm, fuzzy feelings of your Christmas in Vermont vacation!
- From Friday, 04 December 2020 07:00 AM to Monday, 07 December 2020 09:00 PM