All Aboard The Gandy Dancer Express! Trains of West Virginia
Venue: West Virginia
Saturday, August 15
- Depart from Terminal, with pickups available
- BREAKFAST is included at RESTLESS OAKS RESTAURANT.
- Lunch break en route.
- At 1:30 pm, it’s “ALL ABOARD” for your first train ride on the DURBIN ROCKET. In century-old Durbin, the DURBIN ROCKET Excursion Train is powered by the unique Heisler No. 6 locomotive – a coal-fired steam engine with ties to West Virginia’s historic rail and logging industry. Departing the Durbin Depot, you will ride in authentic 1920-era coaches and vintage wooden cabooses behind Heisler No.6 as she steams along the free-flowing Greenbrier River in northern Pocahontas County. The ride covers 10.5 miles in 2 hours and offers many beautiful river and mountain views in the Monongahela National Forest. This adventure is popular with anyone who has an interest in railroads and history!
- Arrive and check into the ISAAC JACKSON HOTEL, your home for the next 2 evenings, then enjoy your first night at the GANDY DANCER THEATRE with our ALOHA FROM ELVIS DINNER SHOW.
- Before the show begins, you will be served a FABULOUS THREE COURSE PLATED MEAL.
- Back again this year with a full night of entertainment is Robert Keefer. This amazing impersonator will be sure to make you feel like you’re reliving the true days of the ‘The King.’
- Return to the hotel for a relaxing evening.
Sunday, August 16
- DELUXE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST is included at the hotel.
- At 11 am, we will depart from the ELKINS DEPOT on the NEW TYGART FLYER for a FOUR-HOUR SCENIC RIDE with LUNCH This wilderness excursion features mountain grades, an “S” curve tunnel, a high bridge and miles of unspoiled mountain views. Vintage diesel-powered locomotives climb along the cascading Shavers Fork of the Cheat River to the High Falls of Cheat pulling comfortable climate-controlled passenger coaches. Trip includes a 30-45 minute stop-over at the Falls where you will enjoy an “All You Can Eat” cold sandwich buffet.
- Tonight, enjoy the musical stylings at the GANDY DANCER THEATRE for their “TRIBUTE TO MUSICAL LEGENDS” DINNER SHOW. After a wonderful plated dinner, you’ll enjoy this incredible show where the amazing cast bring back memories from today and yesterday’s favorite musical legends such as Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers, John and June Cash, Elvis and many more.
Monday, August 17
- DELUXE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST is included at the hotel. Check out and depart from the hotel.
- Return to the GANDY DANCER THEATRE for their PREMIER LUNCHEON SHOW from 11am-2pm. Sit back and listen to the fabulous Mountain Memories Show Band as they serve up a 2-hour Branson-style show with music from the 50’s- today featuring Country, Pop, Motown, Gospel, and Patriotic along with family- friendly comedy and amazing dancers. The Gandy Dancer offers a show that’s guaranteed to have you dancing in your seat, laughing ‘til you cry, touch your heart and give you memories that will last a lifetime.
- Dinner break en route.
- From Saturday, 15 August 2020 to Monday, 17 August 2020