Haunted Halloween in Salem, MA
Venue: Salem, MA
Download 2022 Haunted Happenings in Salem.pdf
COST: $785 pp, based on double occupancy, and includes hostess service, motorcoach transportation, 3 breakfasts, 2 dinners, Ghosts and Gravestones Trolley Tour of Boston, Guided Tour of Salem, House of the Seven Gables, Salem Witch Musuem, Free Time in Salem, Guided Tour of Boston, Halloween on the Hill-Beacon Hill Privates Homes Tour, Visit to Faneuil Hall Marketplace and Quincy Market, all meal and local guide gratuities, 2 night's lodging, and luggage service.
Single: $935; Triple: $760 pp; Quad: $750 pp
Sunday, October 30
- Depart from Terminal, with available Pickups: Mansfield, Lawrenceville, Corning, Elmira, Sayre
- BREAKFAST is included at CRACKER BARREL in Binghamton.
- Fast food lunch break will be made at a Travel Plaza.
- Arrive in BOSTON, MA for an early DINNER at a local restaurant.
- It's "All Aboard" for a GHOSTS AND GRAVESTONES TROLLEY TOUR OF BOSTON. Hear all about Boston's darker side! In a city nearly four hundred years old - troubled with war, murderers, strife and the occasional bout of stray molasses, it is hardly any wonder that Boston remains one of the most haunted cities in America and stories of the glory days of Colonial Boston only scratch the surface of Boston's darker side. Walk amongst the dead in burying grounds nearly 400 years old, hear stories of those who's mortal remains lie beneach your feet, and listen to tales of many of the sordid practices that went along with them. Venture to the site of the biggest grave-robbing scandal in New England's history ... ask yourselves - are you afraid to be buried alive? Walk atop Boston's largest unmarked burying ground and hear tales of the tortures, punishments and executions that took place there. See Boston's most haunted hotel - Omni Parker House.
- Depart for ANDOVER, MA and check in at your hotel for your 2-NIGHT STAY
Monday, October 31
- BREAKFAST is included at the hotel
- Depart with a LOCAL GUIDE and travel to SALEM, MA for a day of touring.
- Check in at the HOUSE OF SEVEN GABLES. In 1668 Captain John Turner built a house that has become one of the most famous structures in American history. This home inspired author Nathaniel Hawthorne to write his famous novel The House of Seven Gables in "Half-way down a by-street of one of our New England towns stands a rusty wooden house with seven acutely peaked gables facing towards various points of the compass, and a huge, clustered chimney in the midst."- Nathaniel Hawthorne.
- Lunch is on your own in Salem. Your guide will make suggestions.
- Next, ADMISSION is included at the SALEM WITCH MUSEUM. "You are there. Witness the testimony of the hysterical girls, the suffering of the blameless victims, and the decisions of the fanatical judges who sent innocent people to their deaths. When the witch hunt began no one was safe from being accused. This presentation is based on actual trial documents. With 13 stage sets, you'll enter the web of lies and intrigue of the Salem Witch Hunt, one of the most enduring true stories in American history.
- Enjoy some FREE TIME this afternoon in Salem.
- DINNER in included tonight at the hotel or a local restaurant.
Tuesday, November 1
- BREAKFAST is included at the hotel.
- Check out and meet your local guide for a morning of touring in BOSTON, MA.
- Enjoy HALLOWEEN ON THE HILL- BEACON HILL PRIVATE HOMES TOUR! Beacon Hill is THE place to see the best Halloween decorations. The group will meet at the gates of the historic Boston Common, the country's oldest park where cattle once grazed, public hangings took place and Bristish troops camped before the revolution. You will walk alone brick sidewalks shaded by colorful trees, lit by gas lamps and lined with rows of 19th century brick townhouses. Knowledgeable guides will talk about the architecture and history of those homes, tell wonderful stories about the artists, writers, and dignitaries who once owned the, and share amusing anecdotes and trivial tidbits about life in the neighborhood then and now.
- Enjoy some FREE TIME for lunch and browsing on your own at QUINCY MARKET and FANEUIL HALL MARKETPLACE. Faneuil Hall is Boston-shopping at its best, with more than 100 of the finest shops and specialty pushcarts. Locally-owned treasures, nationally-recognized retailers, and the Bullmarket...the world's first "fleet" of wholly unique pushcarts featuring New England artisans and their fabulous wares.
- Depart from Boston, with a fast food dinner break en route.
- Return to Terminal.
PLEASE NOTE: All trips and itineraries are subject to change, pending the effects of COVID-19.
- From Sunday, 30 October 2022 12:00 AM to Tuesday, 01 November 2022 12:00 AM