Rooftops of Washington, DC
Venue: Washington, D.C.
Download 2021 Rooftops of DC.pdf
COST: $679 per person, based on double occupancy, and includes motorcoach transportation, hostess service, 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners, step-on guide for all three days, admission to the Clock Tower, visit to the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, rooftop welcome reception, visit to the Dwight D. Eisenhower Memorial, water taxi transportation, a ride on the Capital Wheel, travel through of Embassy Row, admission to the Gargoyle Tour at Washington National Cathedral, 2 Night’s Lodging at the Embassy Row Hotel, roundtrip luggage service, and all meal, hotel and local guide gratuities.
Triple: $655 pp; Quad $635 pp; Single $805 pp
A $200 deposit is due within 3 weeks of making reservations. Final balance due by June 25, 2021.
Travel Protection: $70 pp Any Occupancy
Saturday, August 7
- Depart from Terminal, with Available Pickups: Mansfield, Blossburg, Liberty, Williamsport
- Lunch and rest breaks made en route.
- Arrive in WASHINGTON, D.C. and meet your TOUR GUIDE.
- Ride an elevator up the 315-foot high CLOCK TOWER that was once a Post Office. Enjoy an interpretive tour of the building and the tower once atop.
- Next, arrive at PLANET WORD. Many surprises about words and language await here. Go on an immersive journey that will awaken a love of language lasting a lifetime! Visitors will engage in activities that make words and language exciting with delightful programming and playful, interactive exhibits.
- Take a tour of the JOHN F. KENNEDY CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS and enjoy incredible views of Washington, DC, The Potomac River, and the Georgetown Waterfront. Your guide will point out significant sites including the Watergate Hotel.
- Arrive at EMBASSY ROW HOTEL for your 2-NIGHT STAY. Enjoy a ROOFTOP WELCOME RECEPTION including COCKTAILS AND APPETIZERS with great city views.
- Dinner is on your own this evening at the lovely restaurant inside the hotel or choose one of the many trendy locations in the neighborhood.
Sunday, August 8
- BREAKFAST is included at the hotel
- Depart with your TOUR GUIDE
- Visit the DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER MEMORIAL. Designed by world-renowned architect Frank Gehry, the memorial encapsulates Eisenhower's legacy in a four-acre urban park at the base of Capitol Hill. The memorial features a one-of-a-kind stainless-steel tapestry depicting beaches of D-Day, heroic-sized bronze sculptures, and stone bas reliefs.
- Visit the NEW INTERNATIONAL SPY MUSEUM. With exhibits such as Covers and Legends, School for Spies, Secret History of History, From the Ballroom to the Battlefield: A Spy’s Eye View of the Civil War, Spies Among Us, War of the Spies, Weapons of Mass Disruption, and The 21st Century you will become well versed in the language of spy at the first museum dedicated to international espionage! The largest collection of international espionage artifacts ever placed on public display.
- Enjoy lunch on your own at THE WHARF, DC’s hottest new entertainment district, and enjoy time to visit various rooftops located there.
- Depart via WATER TAXI for NATIONAL HARBOR, MD.
- Enjoy a RIDE ON THE CAPITAL WHEEL followed by some free time to explore and shop.
- Tonight, you are in for a special treat with a ROOFTOP DINNER at IVY CITY SMOKEHOUSE.
- Return to the hotel for the evening.
Monday, August 9
- Enjoy BREAKFAST at the hotel, prior to checking out.
- Depart with your TOUR GUIDE for a DRIVE THROUGH OFEMBASSY ROW. After the Civil War, the powerful and socially elite built large mansions along Massachusetts Avenue. After the Great Depression, many of the families who built these homes went broke. Today the area is known as Embassy Row. Embassies, associations, foundations, and clubs have claimed and restored these lovely homes.
- Enjoy a GARGOYLE TOUR at WASHINGTON NATIONAL CATHEDRAL. PLEASE NOTE: this is a strenuous activity. An alternative option is to tour the cathedral, visit the grounds, and shop.
- Enjoy an included LUNCH at POV ROOFTOP.
- Depart for home following lunch, with a quick dinner break made en route.
PLEASE NOTE: All trips and itineraries are subject to change, pending the effects of COVID-19.
- From Saturday, 07 August 2021 to Monday, 09 August 2021