Thunder Over Louisville
Venue: Louisville, KY
COST: $1,175 per person, based on double occupancy and includes: 5 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 2 Dinners, 1 Heavy Appetizer Meal, Admission to the Derby Museum, "Off to the Races" Group Activity at the Derby Museum, 2019 Commemorative Thunder Pin, Behind-the-Scenes Tour of Command Central, Pilot's Reception, Private Viewing Suite in the Main Tower for Air Show and Fireworks, Visit to the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force, Admission to the Warther Museum & Gardens, Guided Tour of the Jimmy Stewart Museum, 4 Nights' Accomodations (including 2 Nights at the beautiful Galt House Hotel), All Meal, Hotel, and Local Guide Gratuities, Roundtrip Luggage Service, Complimentary Snacks and Drinks while traveling, Hostess Service, and Motorcoach Transportation.
Single: $1,615 pp; Triple: $1,055; Quad: $$985 Travel Insurance: $93 pp (double and triple); $115 pp (single); $58 (quad)
A $200 pp deposit is due by November 1, 2018. Final balance is due by February 25, 2019.
Download 2019 Thunder over Louisville.pdf
Thursday, April 11
- Depart from Terminal
- Availible Pickups: Mansfield, Blossburg, Liberty Willamsport
- FULL BREAKFAST is included at Restless Oaks Restaurant.
- Lunch stop will be made at THE AMISH MARKET. Themed with an indoor farmer's market in mind, you will find just over 15 Amish vendors offering fresh meats, poultry, fish, BBQ cheeses, fruit and produce, baked goods, donuts, jams/jellies, candy & fudge, soft pretzels, gourmet popcorn, pickles, smoothies, crepes, and more! You will also find Amish-made furniture, candles, home/outdoor decor and more.
- Depart for Dublin, OH
- Check in to a HOTEL for the night
- DINNER is included at a local, popular restaurant.
Friday, April 12
- BREAKFAST is inculded at the hotel.
- Check out and depart for Louisville, KY
- On arrival, ADMISSION is included to the DERBY MUSEUM, including:
- FULL ACCESS to two floors of interactive permanent and temporary exhibits
- Viewing of "THE GREATEST RACE," a 360-degree 18-minute media experience that will make your heart race and emotions soar!
- HISTORIC WALKING TOUR OF CHURCHILL DOWNS RACETRACK, led by a knowledgeable tour guide, as well as a view of the racetrack, finish line, Winner's Circle, and the iconic Twin Spires.
- Next, enjoy an "ALL THINGS KENTUCKY" BUFFET LUNCH at the Derby Cafe.
- Then it's "OFF TO THE RACES!" With $5,000 worth of "Horsey Bucks," everyone is a high roller! This mock racing event allows your group to share in the fun and excitement of wagering and learning about handicapping the real racing action! This is a fun, exciting, and competitive experience, only availible for groups!
- Depart for downtown Louisville, KY.
- Check in to the GALT HOUSE HOTEL for a delightful TWO NIGHT STAY. Louisville's Waterfront Hotel is quite simply the best place to find a unique and authentic experience in our exciting city. Sip some bourbon while taking in spectacular views of the Ohio River. We are just a shot away from Whiskey Row, where you immerse yourself in the history of Kentucky's native spirit. The Galt House is literally in the center of it all.
- Hotel Ameninties: Free Basic Wi-Fi, High-Tech Fitness Equipment at the Rooftop Club 360-degree fitness, Xhale Salon and Spa, the Hair Cutters & Shoe Shine. Shops located on the 3rd floor RIVUE Tower: Spirits & More, Dolfinger's, Hey Lady!, Koi Gallery and Talbott Fashions. Dining/Lounges: RIVUE Restaurant & Lounge, Cafe Magnolia, Thelma's Deli, Al J's at the Conservatory and Jockey Silks Bourboun Bar. A Sampling of beloved Christmas luminaries with their brilliant colors and artisan craftsmanship will be on display throughout the hotel. Room Ameninties: Flat-panel Cable TV, Phone, Desk, and Private Bathrooms.
- Take a BEHIND-THE-SCENES TOUR of where the magic takes place for Thunder over Louisville fireworks extravaganza at COMMAND CENTRAL. You will view the technology and resources required to synchronize one of the nations' most celebrated air shows and fireworks display.
- At tonight's PILOT RECEPTION, you will have the opportunity to talk with many pilots for this amazing Air Show! HEAVY APPETIZERS will be served at the reception that will constitute as a meal. The reception is not a dressy event; however, people tend to wear nicer clothing for the event.
Saturday, April 13
- BREAKFAST is included at the hotel.
- Today is yours to enjoy THUNDER OVER LOUISVILLE activities. Your 2019 COMMEMORATIVE THUNDER PIN gives you access to a slew of entertainment options availible on the ground. From the Thunder Food Fest and the Interactive Display Area to the Kid's Play Areas on the Great Lawn, there are refreshments and entertainment to please everyone!
- From Noon to Midnight, our group will have ACCESS TO A PRIVATE VIEWING SUITE, located in the Main Tower to see the Air Show and Fireworks. There is no need to worry about weather! There will be DRY SNACKS, SODA, and WATER availible - no outside food is permitted in the suite. There will also be chairs on the outside balcony, as well as large viewing windows overlooking the river. The Thunder Air Show is approximately from 3-9 pm, and features more than 100 planes performing hours of diving and acrobatic stunts. Being one of the TOP FIVE AIR SHOWS IN THE COUNTRY, the Thunder over Louisville Air Show now has its own bragging rights! You will have the chance to view the newest planes being flown by the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines.
- Dinner is on your own tonight.
- At 9:30 pm, the real show begins. You will know that the FIREWORKS are starting when two helicopters fly a large American flag as "America the Beatiful" and "The Star-Spangled Banner" are blasted over the speakers. Then, the Thunder Over Louisville fireworks begin. It is the largest fireworks show in the world - a 28-minute show that will have you ooh'ing and aah'ing again and again.
Sunday, April 14
- BREAKFAST is included at the hotel.
- Check out and depart for Dayton, OH
- Visit the NATIONAL MUSEUM OF THE U.S. AIR FORCE, a "Must See" attraction! This is the world's largest and oldest military aviation museum and Ohio's most visited free tourist attraction, with over 1 million annual visitors. This world-renowned museum features more than 360 aerospace vehicles and missiles and thousands of artifacts amid 19 acres of indoor exhibit space. Exhibits are arranged chronologically so it's easy to visit the areas that interest you the most. Examine a Wright Brothers plane. Sit in a jet cockpit. Walk through a NASA shuttle crew compartment trainer. Board and tour four of nine Presidential airplanes, including the plane that flew Kennedy's body back from Dallas and upon which Lyndon Johnson was sworn in as President. Stand in awe of the iconic Memphis Belle or the world's only permanent public display of a B-2 stealth bomber.
- Depart for Dover, OH to check in to a LOCAL HOTEL.
- This evening, DINNER is included at the WARTHER MUSEUM & GARDENS. A catered dinner will be served among the 64 ebony, ivory, and walnut carvings telling the history of the steam engine and America's trains. This will be such an elegant way to spend your evening. Also located on the grounds is FREIDA WARTHER'S BUTTON HOUSE, where she has displayed 73,000 buttons arranged in beautiful designs, as well as the original home.
Monday, April 15
- BREAKFAST is included at the hotel.
- Check out and depart for Indiana, PA
- LUNCH is included at the Rustic Lodge
- GUIDED TOUR is included at the JIMMY STEWART MUSEUM, as well as an A & E BIOGRAPHY MOVIE. The Jimmy Stewart Museum celebrates the life and work of this beloved entertainer. Located in Jimmy's hometown, the museum highlights his role as a military hero, family man, and award-winning actor. View the clips in a plush, 1930's vintage movie theatre. See awards, mementos and memorabilia personally selected by Stewart himself. This is a wonderful destination for any movie bluff. There is over 50,000 square feet dedicated to this Oscar-winning actor and military hero.
- Depart to return home, with wonderful memories of your Kentucky vacation!
- From Thursday, 11 April 2019 to Monday, 15 April 2019