Maine Lobster Festival
COST: $849 per person, based on double occupancy, and includes motorcoach transportation, hostess service, 4 breakfasts, 1 lobster lunch, 2 dinners (including one lobsterbake), visit to Boothbay Harbor, Scenic Harbor & Nature Cruise on Linnekin Bay, one-hour guided tour of the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens, admission to the 71st Annual Maine Lobster Festival, guided tour of Rockport and Camden Villages, admission to Camden Hills State Park / Mt. Battie photo stop, visit to the Maine State Prison Store, guided tour of the Maine Maritime Museum, free time for shopping at Freeport Village, souvenir lobster hat, all meal and local guide gratuties, luggage service, and 3 nights lodging at the Hampton Inn Bath.
Triple: $819 pp; Quad: $789 pp; Single: $1,110
Download Maine Lobster Festival.pdf
Tuesday, July 31
- Depart for Vacationland!
- FULL BREAKFAST is included at Cracker Barrel in Binghamton, as we make our way to mid-coast Maine and the "City of Ships" - BATH, MAINE. Bath is located between Freeport and Boothbay Harbor.
- Check in to the HAMPTON INN, located across the waterfront, and your home for the next THREE NIGHTS. The hotel features an INDOOR POOL and is conveniently located in the historic downtown neighborhood with shops, parks and restaurants.
- Tonight, DINNER is included at a waterfront restaurant across from the hotel.
Tuessday, August 1
- After DELUXE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST at the hotel, we will travel to BOOTHBAY HARBOR. Picturesque Boothbay - the sailing capital of Maine - features brick sidewalks lined with unique shops with handcrafted goods, antiques and art galleries. You will find a charming footbridge stretching across the harbor to walk along for great photos and many sailboats and lobster boats.
- This morning, we will step aboard a SCENIC HARBOR & NATURE CRUISE on Linnekin Bay. You will pass by beautiful vacation homes, lighthouses, small islands, seals on ledges, and puffin birds that summer here on Eastern Egg Rock. This is truly a magnificent "Seafari" for all nature lovers with seals, blue heron, an occasional whale and other coastal wildlife along the way. Fishing craft lie alongside wharves that follow the quaint, winding village streets. Yachtsmen and artists began vacationing here in the early 1900s.
- Roll up your sleeves for a MAINE LOBSTER LUNCHEON at a waterfront restaurant. Don your SOUVENIR LOBSTER HAT and dig in! You will have some FREE TIME after lunch to explore the local galleries and boutiques that line Main Street. NOTE: Chicken or Vegetarian Meals are available.
- This afternoon, enjoy a ONE-HOUR GUIDED TOUR at the COASTAL MAINE BOTANICAL GARDENS. "WOW is the word most often heard from visitors who get to experience the 250-acre phenomenon some are calling "The Miracle in Maine." Here, the Maine woods meet the wetlands shore with a variety of special themed gardens, such as the wildflower garden and the children's garden. You will want to tell everyone you know about this spectacular garden that's full of surprises year round!
- We will return to the hotel for a free evening. Dinner will be on your own at one of the many restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.
Thursday, August 2
- Following BREAKFAST at the hotel, we will make our way north to ROCKLAND, "The Lobster Capital of The World!" Attend the 71ST ANNUAL MAINE LOBSTER FESTIVAL along the Rockland harborfront - where lobster is king! Feasting and festivities include music, fine arts, crafts and entertainment, and of course - feasting on hot Maine lobster and other Maine delicacies such as blueberry pie, fried clams, shrimp cocktail, and steamed mussels! At last year's festival, nearly 20,000 pounds of lobster were prepared in the world's largest lobster cooker. Lunch will be on your own at the Festival.
- This afternoon, we will regroup to meet our LOCAL GUIDE for a STEP-ON GUIDED TOUR of ROCKPORT and CAMDEN VILLAGES. You will see the towns made famous by the movie Peyton Place, a seal named Andres, and Edna St. Vincent Millay. Your tour will conclude with a photo stop at CAMDEN HILLS STATE PARK, with dramatic views of where the mountains meet the sea from atop MT. BATTIE.
- On your way back south, we will make a stop at the MAINE STATE PRISON STORE for some unique, handmade souvenirs. Scoop up some bargain souvenirs here as the wood products are individually handcrafted by inmates working in the prison workshop.
- As we travel through Bath, we will cross over the world's only CRIBSTONE BRIDGE to enjoy a traditional MAINE LOBSTERBAKE DINNER on Bailey Island. The restaurant is surrounded by water on three sides, so every seat has a great view of Casco Bay. Be sure to stroll down the dock to watch fisherman unloading today's catch. We will return to the hotel after dinner.
Friday, August 3
- Following your DELUXE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST, we will check out and depart for the MAINE MARITIME MUSEUM for a GUIDED TOUR. Located on the banks of the Kennebec River, this museum depicts Maine's shipbuilding industry from the 1600s to the present. Numerous hands-on exhibits, boat building demonstrations, a lobstering exhibit, and a Victorian shipbuilder's home are here for you to see on the grounds of a historic shipyard.
- Depart for FREEPORT VILLAGE, for lunch on your own and browsing at their flagship store, L.L. BEAN, as well as a variety of outlet shops.
- Depart for home with wonderful memories of your magical Maine adventure! A dinner break will be made en route home.
- From Tuesday, 31 July 2018 to Friday, 03 August 2018