Haunted Happenings in Salem
Venue: Salem, MA
COST: $745 and includes hostess service, motorcoach transportation, 3 breakfasts, 1 dinner, Guided Driving Tour of Salem, Admission to the Salem Witch Museum, Free Time at Pickering Wharf, Admission to see Cry Innocent, Free Time at the Essex Pedestrian Mall, admission to the "Legacy of the Hanging Judge" tour, admission to the "Spirit of the Gables" tour, Admission to the Witch Dungeon Museum, Visit to Faneuil Hall Marketplace and Quincy Market, Ghosts and Gravestones Trolley Tour of Boston, all meal and local guide gratuities, 2 night's lodging at the Hampton Inn Peabody, and luggage service.
Single: $995; Triple: $705 pp; Quad: $679 pp (Insurance - $58 pp for Any Occupancy)
Printable Haunted Happenings Itinerary.pdf
Friday, October 26
- Depart from Terminal, with available Pickups: Mansfield, Lawrenceville, Corning, Elmira, Sayre
- BREAKFAST is included at CRACKER BARREL in Binghamton.
- Fast food lunch break will be made at a Travel Plaza.
- Arrive in Peabody, MA at approximately 4 pm, and check in to the HAMPTON INN. LUGGAGE SERVICE is included, so your suitcase will be delivered to your room on arrival. You may want to take a swim in their HEATED INDOOR POOL, or hit the gym in the 24-HOUR FITNESS CENTER.
- A delicious LOBSTER BAKE DINNER is included at the GLOUCESTER HOUSE.
Saturday, October 27
- EXTENDED BREAKFAST BUFFET is included at the hotel
- Depart with a LOCAL GUIDE for a DRIVING TOUR OF SALEM. The name Salem is inextricably linked to the witchcraft hysteria of the 1690s. The city also has glorious maritime history and splendid architecture. You will ride down Essex, Federal and Chestnut Streets to view some of the finest examples of 18th century architecture built by ship captains who had amassed great wealth. Hear about the House of the Seven Gables where Nathanial Hawthorne wrote his famous novel of the same name.
- Next, ADMISSION is included at the SALEM WITCH MUSEUM. "You are there. Witness the testimony of the hysterical girls, the suffering of the blameless victims, and the decisions of the fanatical judges who sent innocent people to their deaths. When the witch hunt began no one was safe from being accused. This presentation is based on actual trial documents. With 13 stage sets, you'll enter the web of lies and intrigue of the Salem Witch Hunt, one of the most enduring true stories in American history.
- Lunch and browsing on your own today at PICKERING WHARF.
- Following lunch, ADMISSION is included for CRY INNOCENT. "The year is 1692. Bridget Bishop has been accused of witchcraft and YOU are on the Puritan jury. Hear the historical testimonies, cross-examine the witnesses and decide the verdict. Is Bridget Bishop capable of witchcraft? Play your part in history..."
- Enjoy some FREE TIME this afternoon to explore the ESSEX PEDESTRIAN MALL at your leisure.
- Dinner will be on your own in downtown Salem, with several restaurant options available.
- ADMISSION is included to experience the "LEGACY OF THE HANGING JUDGE" and "SPIRITS OF THE GABLES." Discover one of New England's most iconic houses and enjoy this charming National Historic Landmark site in a unique and enchanting way during the month of October. You will step into the world of Salem's author Nathaniel Hawthorne as you experience two dramatic theatrical performances played out within historic houses connected directly to Hawthorne himself. These two performances were created in 2001 by local writer Anne Lucas and have been performed on October weekends since then.
- LEGACY OF THE HANGING JUDGE: Get swept into Hawthorne's tale of guilt, greed and revenge as the characters from The House of the Seven Gables (1851), come to life and recount their stories while you walk through the very house that inspired Hawthorne's timeless novel.
- SPIRITS OF THE GABLES: This experience takes visitors back through Nathaniel Hawthorne's birth home to the events of the infamous Salem Witch Trials, through the eyes of the author, whose own ancestor, Judge John Hathorne had a hand to play in the tragic events of 1692.
Sunday, October 28
- FULL AMERICAN BREAKFAST is included at the hotel.
- Check out and depart for Salem
- ADMISSION is included to the WITCH DUNGEON MUSEUM. Enjoy this award-winning reenactment of the trial of beggar-woman Sarah Good, from the original transcript of 1692. Then, enjoy a visit to the DUNGEON, including a recreated village & Gallows Hill.
- Depart for Boston to enjoy some FREE TIME for lunch and browsing on your own at QUINCY MARKET and FANEUIL HALL MARKETPLACE. Faneuil Hall is Boston-shopping at its best, with more than 100 of the finest shops and specialty pushcarts. Locally-owned treasures, nationally-recognized retailers, and the Bullmarket...the world's first "fleet" of wholly unique pushcarts featuring New England artisans and their fabulous wares. Everyone will receive WELCOME PACKETS, with discounts to use during your free time.
- At 5:00 pm, it's "All Aboard" for a GHOSTS AND GRAVESTONES TROLLEY TOUR OF BOSTON. Hear all about Boston's darker side! In a city nearly four hundred years old - troubled with war, murderers, strife and the occasional bout of stray molasses, it is hardly any wonder that Boston remains one of the most haunted cities in America and stories of the glory days of Colonial Boston only scratch the surface of Boston's darker side. Walk amongst the dead in burying grounds nearly 400 years old, hear stories of those who's mortal remains lie beneach your feet, and listen to tales of many of the sordid practices that went along with them. Venture to the site of the biggest grave-robbing scandal in New England's history ... ask yourselves - are you afraid to be buried alive? Walk atop Boston's largest unmarked burying ground and hear tales of the tortures, punishments and executions that took place there. See Boston's most haunted hotel - Omni Parker House.
- Depart from Boston at 6:30 pm, with a quick rest break en route (6 1/2 hours travel time)
- Return to Terminal approximately 1:30 am (on October 29)
NOTE: Times and details of itinerary are scheduled to change pending weather delays and traffic patterns.
- From Friday, 26 October 2018 12:00 AM to Sunday, 28 October 2018 12:00 AM