Tulip Time River Cruise on the Romantic Rhine and Mosel
- Depart from Terminal
- OVERNIGHT FLIGHT to Amsterdam, the Netherlands!
Saturday, April 14: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Transfer to your exclusively chartered river ship, the MS EMERALD DAWN.
- On a narrated canal cruise, view the city from a different perspective as you pass historic buildings, lovely townhomes and churches at water level. Meal: D
Sunday, April 15: Keukenhof Gardens
- On an included excursion to KEUKENHOF GARDENS, you'll discover why it's called the "Garden of Europe." On this amazing life enriching experience, admire gorgeous flowers at the height of tulip season! MEALS: B, L, D
Monday, April 16: Cologne, Germany
- While visiting 2,000-year-old COLOGNE, enjoy an included WALKING TOUR to the town center and DOMPLATZ - home of the magnificent cathedral which serves as the symbol of the city. MEALS: B, L, D
Tuesday, April 17: Cochem, Germany
- Rated as one of the prettiest villages along the Mosel, COCHEM is best known for its fortified gates, pastel-colored or half-timbered buildings, Baroque towers and vintages of Mosel Riesling wine.
- Enjoy a GUIDED TOUR of the 19th-century REICHSBURG CASTLE.
- This afternoon, set sail to KOBLENZ. A lively performance by local German entertainers takes place onboard the vessel this evening. MEALS: B, L, D
Wednesday, April 18: Koblenz and Rudesheim
- Enjoy a WALKING TOUR of this historic city at the confluence of the Rhine and Mosel Rivers. Stroll through the narrow lanes and romantic squares of the city center past some of the cultural monuments, medieval churches and beautifully restored houses.
- This afternoon, you won't want to miss the spectacular scenery as your cruise through the "SPLENDOR OF THE RHINE" - a UNESCO World Heritage Site featuring ST. GOAR and the legendary LORELEI ROCK.
- Arrive in RUDENSHEIM, one of the Rhine's most delightful towns. Your Mayflower Cruise Directors will walk you into town where you'll have free time to stroll through the alleyways filled with shops.
- Enjoy your evening in Rudesheim and stop in a beer hall or wine tavern along the lively DROSSELGASSE. Filled with music and song, it's the perfect opportunity to sample the best of genuine Rhine hospitality. MEALS: B, L, D
Thursday, April 19: Optional Excursion - Heidelberg
- A brief port call is made in MANNHEIM for disembarkation of the optional excursion to Heidelberg. Known as Germany's oldest university town, Heidelberg is also famous for the ruins of its red-walled 16th-century-castle. The ship continues to Speyer where the optional excursion will end. MEALS: B, L, D
Friday, April 20: Strasbourg, France
- Between France and Germany lies lovely STRASBOURG, one of Europe's most attractive cities.
- Enjoy a panoramic tour before the WALKING TOUR of the city center takes you on a stroll through the charming Old Quarter, "La Petite France," with its typical Alsatian half-timbered houses. The Main Square is dominated by the magnificent gothic cathedral with carvings as delicate as any piece of hand-made lace. MEALS: B, L, D
Saturday, April 21: Lucerne, Switzerland
- After breakfast, disembark the ship in Basel, Switzerland to begin your Swiss adventure. Depart by motorcoach to Lucerne, a picturesque town surrounded by mountains and meadows.
- Enjoy a walking tour, which highlights the city's landmark, the famous 14th-century Chapel Bridge that crosses the Reuss River.
- See the 17th-century Renaissance Town Hall and town squares, all set amongst the beautiful backdrop of the Swiss Alps. The remainder of the day is at leisure. MEAL: B
Sunday, April 22: Optional Excursion - Mt. Pilatus
- Your last day is left free of planned activities.
- Enjoy the day on your own, or join the optional excursion to Mt. Pilatus - a mountain overlooking Lucerne that offers a unique alpine experience!
- This evening, get together for an included DINNER at the hotel. MEALS: B, D
Monday, April 23: Lucerne - Newark Airport - Wellsboro, PA
- Bid 'auf wiedersehen' to Europe and return home with memories of life enriching experiences from your cruise along the Rhine and Mosel Rivers. MEAL: B
- From Friday, 13 April 2018 to Monday, 23 April 2018